Welcome! I am a Ph.D. student at Computer Vision for Human-Computer Interaction Lab (CV:HCI), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany, under the supervision of Prof. Rainer Stiefelhagen and Prof. Kathrin Gerling. I received my B.Sc. degree from Guangdong University of Technology (GDUT) and M.Sc. degree from KIT.
My research topic focuses on assistive technology in the background of computer vision. More specifically, I dive into computer vision for scene understanding and embodied AI, especially vision-language navigation for people with visual impairments.
For KIT students who have passion for deep learning / computer vision / embodied AI / assistive technology and are looking for a bachelor / master thesis, please don’t hesitate to contact me with your transcript and curriculum vitae.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Scene understanding, e.g., semantic / instance / panoptic segmentation
- Vision and language, e.g., vision-language navigation
- Embodied AI
- Assistive technology
- Human computer interaction
For more information about me, please check my homepage.
Open thesis and Hiwi topics
- ME2: Multi-Modal Enhanced Extendable Model for Vision-Language Navigation (Master Thesis, ongoing)
- Supervisor at the Practical Course Computer Vision for Human-Computer Interaction, SS23
- MateRobot: Material Recognition in Wearable Robotics for People with Visual Impairments Junwei Zheng*, Jiaming Zhang*, Kailun Yang†, Kunyu Peng, Rainer Stiefelhagen preprint: arXiv [paper] [code] [homepage]
- S3-MonoDETR: Supervised Shape&Scale-perceptive Deformable Transformer for Monocular 3D Object Detection Xuan He, Kailun Yang, Junwei Zheng, Jin Yuan, Luis M. Bergasa, Hui Zhang, Zhiyong Li preprint: arXiv [paper] [code]
- Unveiling the Hidden Realm: Self-supervised Skeleton-based Action Recognition in Occluded Environments Yifei Chen, Kunyu Peng, Alina Roitberg, David Schneider, Jiaming Zhang, Junwei Zheng, Ruiping Liu, Yufan Chen, Kailun Yang, Rainer Stiefelhagen preprint: arXiv [paper] [code]
- Elevating Skeleton-Based Action Recognition with Efficient Multi-Modality Self-Supervision Yiping Wei, Kunyu Peng, Alina Roitberg, Jiaming Zhang, Junwei Zheng, Ruiping Liu, Yufan Chen, Kailun Yang, Rainer Stiefelhagen preprint: arXiv [paper] [code]
- Attention-based Point Cloud Edge Sampling Chengzhi Wu, Junwei Zheng, Julius Pfrommer, Juergen Beyerer IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2023 (Highlight, Top 10%) [paper] [code] [homepage]
- Attention-based Part Assembly for 3D Volumetric Shape Modeling Chengzhi Wu, Junwei Zheng, Julius Pfrommer, Juergen Beyerer IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop (CVPRW) 2023 [paper] [code]
- Tightly-Coupled LiDAR-Visual SLAM Based on Geometric Features for Mobile Agents Ke Cao, Ruiping Liu, Ze Wang, Kunyu Peng, Jiaming Zhang, Junwei Zheng, Zhifeng Teng, Kailun Yang, Rainer Stiefelhagen IEEE/CVF International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO) 2023 [paper]
- Open Scene Understanding: Grounded Situation Recognition Meets Segment Anything for Helping People with Visual Impairments Ruiping Liu, Jiaming Zhang, Kunyu Peng, Junwei Zheng, Ke Cao, Yufan Chen, Kailun Yang, Rainer Stiefelhagen IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ICCVW) 2023 [paper] [code]